Recipe & Photo Credit: Samantha Teague, Unskilled Cavewoman
12 – 16 oz. uncured, nightshade-free bacon
2 lbs. parsnips, peeled & thinly sliced into rounds at thick parts, & into diagonal shapes at thin parts
Garnish: 1/4 c. fresh chives, minced
2 medium avocados
2 cups arugula
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
juice of 1 large lemon
2⁄3 cup filtered water
1⁄4 cup coconut cream (coconut free option: sub 1⁄4 cup water water)
1.Place rack in center oven, then heat to 425 F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment.
2. Place bacon slices in a single layer on the parchment. Bake for 12 minutes.
3. Rotate pan 180 degrees, then bake for 6 to 10 minutes longer until cooked to your desired crispness.
4. Use tongs to transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain, then set aside. Leave the bacon grease on the sheet pan.
5. Add parsnips to the bacon grease and use tongs to coat, then spread in an even layer.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then use tongs to toss and spread out again in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes longer or until golden and crispy.
7. Meanwhile make the SUPERGREEN SAUCE by adding all SUPERGREEN SAUCE ingredients to a blender or food processor, then blending until smooth. Set aside.
8. Place the parsnips on 4 serving plates, then spoon dollops of the sauce over the tops.
9. Chop the bacon into bite size pieces then sprinkle over the top, then garnish with chives.