Recipe Credit: Jason Morrow
Photo Credit: Laura Morrow of Simply AIP
4-5 lb pork butt
2 Tsp salt
1⁄4 Tsp turmeric
2 Tsp oregano
1⁄4 Tsp ground cloves
2/3 cup orange juice
Juice of 2 limes
1 onion, quartered
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1 Tsp Hepp’s Salt Co. Lime Sea Salt
Pure Wraps Coconut Wraps
1. Cut pork butt into 2-3 inch cubes.
2. Add pork to Instant Pot. Sprinkle with salt, turmeric, oregano, cloves. Stir to coat.
3. Add orange juice, lime juice, onion, garlic, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves to Instant Pot.
4. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Allow pressure to release for 10 minutes naturally, then quick release.
5. Use a slotted spoon to remove pork from Instant Pot and place on cooking sheet. Shred with forks. Sprinkle 1 Tsp of Hepp’s Salt Co. Lime Sea Salt over pork.
6. Set oven to broil. Broil shredded pork for five minutes until slightly crispy.
7. Serve carnitas in Pure Wraps Coconut Wraps. Top with avocado, Easy Guacamole, or KC Natural Garden Cherry Salsa.