Recipe & Photo Credit: Laura Morrow, Simply AIP
2 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup coconut milk
2/3 cup Date Lady Date Sugar
1 T date syrup or maple syrup
3 T coconut oil
1 ts vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
2 T arrowroot flour
Topping: Sweet Apricity Vanilla Marshmallows OR AIP Whipped Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Poke holes in sweet potatoes and microwave until soft (5-8 minutes).
3. Cut a large hole down the middle of the sweet potato and scoop out the filling.
4. Place sweet potato filling in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer.
5. Mix in one ingredient at a time until all ingredients are mixed together (except marshmallows).
6. Pour into an 8-in. baking dish and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Top with marshmallow and bake about 3 more minutes, or until marshmallows are golden and melting (watch closely).
8. If using whipped cream topping, bake slightly longer.