Recipe Credit: Hannah Becker of www.celiacfoodlover.com
Photo Credit: Laura Morrow of Simply AIP
1 pound lean ground turkey (or ground meat of choice)
1 large chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic
sea salt to taste
green onion (for garnish)
¾ cup The New Primal Carrot Ketchup
½ tbsp red wine vinegar or
apple cider vinegar
¾ tbsp molasses
½ tbsp ginger
¼ tbsp cloves
- Sauté ground meat in olive oil with sea salt until almost fully cooked.
- Add in onion, celery and garlic with a bit more olive oil and sauté until ingredients soften.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl, then stir into meat mixture.
- Cook meat with sauce until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Once simmering, lower heat and cook until it thickens to desired consistency (about 5-10 min.).
- Pour meat sauce onto sweet potato flatbread “buns” or AIP bagel. Top with green onions if desired