Recipe & Photo Credit: Samantha Teague, The Unskilled Cavewoman
AIPeazy Pizza Crust Mix OR AIP Flatbread recipe, par-cooked for 10 minutes
1 1/2 cups toppings of choice
2 Tb Fatworks goose or duck fat
2 Tb cassava flour
2 cup coconut cream, shaken well
2 to 4 cloves garlic (depending on how much you love garlic), pressed
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1.Preheat oven to 450 F.
2.Make the par-baked flatbread crust.
3.While that’s in the oven, prep your toppings. You’ll need about 1.5 cups of toppings total.
4.Now make the sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt goose fat over medium-low heat, then whisk in cassava flour until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Gradually whisk in coconut cream, then whisk in garlic and salt. Simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6. Remove from heat and whisk in nutritional yeast.
7. Flip the pizza crust over, slather with the sauce, then sprinkle your toppings evenly over the top.
8. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until slightly caramelized on top and edges are golden brown.
9. Cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Delicious topping combos: Herbed chicken, thinly sliced red onion, kalamata olives, and fresh basil; Broccoli, sweet onion, and prosciutto; Bacon, onion, mushrooms, and a drizzle of AIP BBQ Sauce