Recipe & Photo Credit: Samantha Teague, Author of AIP Sheet Pan Recipes Cookbook www.theunskilledcavewoman.com
2 t. avocado oil
1 large sweet potato, scrubbed well
(leaving skin on helps hold toasts together)
1 large avocado, sliced
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
black lava salt for garnish (optional)
1 large bunch cilantro
4 green onions, roughly torn
4 cloves garlic
1 t. ginger powder
2 T. Primal Palate Garlic & Herb
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. lemon or lime juice
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1. Place a rack in the center of your oven, and turn heat to 450 F.
2. Line a medium sheet pan with parchment, and drizzle with 1 tsp of the avocado oil.
3. Trim the ends off of the sweet potato, and slice lengthwise into 1/4″ thick “toasts.”
4. Place slices in a single layer, about 1/2″ apart.
5. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tsp avocado oil, then sprinkle with a little bit of Himalayan salt.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more, until nicely browned and cooked through.
7. Meanwhile, make the chimichurri by adding all CILANTRO CHIMICHURRI ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor, and blending on high until it looks creamy and very smooth.
8. Layer the avocado slices on top of the toasts, then smear about 1.5 tsp of the chimichurri on top.
9. Sprinkle with the chopped bacon, and garnish with the lava salt if desired.