Recipe & Photo Credit: Meagen Ashley, It’s All About AIP
2 T. avocado oil
1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. chicken breast, diced 3 celery stalks, sliced
6 mushrooms, sliced
1 t. Red Boat fish sauce (optional)
1/3 cup coconut aminos
2 limes, juiced
2 large navel oranges juiced (about 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 – 12 oz. bag of shredded broccoli slaw
4 green onions, sliced
- In a large pan, heat the avocado oil over high heat. Add in the minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the chicken, ginger, and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in celery and mushrooms. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Prepare the sauce: Mix the lime juice, orange juice, fish sauce, and coconut aminos.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the chicken and stir to coat. Simmer for 4-5 minutes to thicken.
- Add in the shredded broccoli slaw and carrots. Stir to coat. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then remove from the heat and top with the sliced green onions and serve immediately.
- Cool and store in a glass dish in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.